Here’s something from Facebook you’ll definitely “like.”
Facebook has awarded $50,000 in scholarship money to be awarded across the next five years starting in 2018. AAJA will award five students a $10,000 scholarship to go towards their tuition every year until at least 2022.
Sound exciting? Here are the details:
- Applicants must be committed to AAJAâ€™s mission.
- Applicants must be current undergraduate or graduate students at an accredited university.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in digital media, journalism and/or communications.
- Applicants must provide a clip file demonstrating their ability to write journalistically.
- Scholarship winners must apply for a student membership with AAJA if they are not already members.
- Applicants may not apply for more than one Facebook Journalism Project Scholarship, such as Facebook Journalist Scholarships from other organizations.
The deadlineÂ to applyÂ isÂ Sunday, April 8Â at 11:59pm Pacific time. The following are requiredÂ in your application:
- Proof of current enrollment at your university
- A copy of your most recent transcript
- 3 â€“ 5 work samples
- Two letters of recommendation from people who can attest to your journalistic commitment
- Personal statement explaining your commitment to AAJAâ€™s mission and journalism.
For more information, contact AAJA Program Coordinator Justin Seiter atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.