Although AAJA has a copious amount of scholarships for students, the search doesn’t have to end there.
There are many non-journalism related organizations that award scholarships to Asian Americans committed to education and expanding their identity as Asian Americans. Check out the following organizations that can help you with financing school:
- The Asia Pacific FundÂ offers 10 scholarship programs to help AAPI students with tuition.
- The Korean Ancestry Grant awards up to $10,000 to AAPI students.
- The Taiwanese Scholarship FundÂ offers up to $50,000 in scholarships for qualifying students.
- The Upakar Foundation Indian-American Scholarship Foundation provides $8,000 over four years for each recipient.
- The Tang Scholarship for LGBTQ+ Asian Americans who seek financial assistance in college.